My resume is below and a review would be great!
- I tried to be concise and to "show" not "tell". What major improvements can I still make? Lots of progress already from seeing Alex's resume and the masterclass on resumes here, but would love more.
- Does L5 make sense given the resume, or since I have just over 3 years of experience would L4 be worth pursuing as well over my current position? Following up on questions about down leveling here, and leaving a startup for big tech here.
*Note because my most recent experience is Team Lead and where I don't directly ship, I did break the rules and use bold to highlight earlier impact. I also put skills at the bottom for visual balance.
Team Lead for Software Engineering, Company X ⁓ $450M startup ⁓ 1M monthly active users
- Managed 8 direct reports, 2 promoted to Senior (one from the junior), 3 on-boarded
- Proactively addressed underperformance among direct reports resulting in 2 engineers improving their skills to meet expectations
- Empathized with individuals to build trust and understand root causes which included addressing a system problem rather than blaming an engineer for poor performance
- Recognized hard work resulting in high team morale and often completing sprint goals
Android Engineer II, Company X ⁓ employee #18 of 150 ⁓ engineer #4 of 25
May 2021-Mar 2022
- Rebuilt our $125M-revenue driver, a 2D list of games, to be faster, modular, simpler
- Devised a strategy to improve UX through the creation of a bottom sheet and a resizing video solution, lead to a 4.3% increase in D7 profit
- Created a service reminding users when their games are installed, even when outside app, and made a reusable, modular notification system, leading to a 75% decrease in abandonment
- Debugged a $1M bug and presented a brownbag on it
Android Engineer I, Company X
Nov 2019-April 2021
- Presented 20+ architecture and testing docs to my team before building complex features
- Created robust test suites to ensure correct behavior and great UX through fault tolerance
Internships: Zillow, Undergrad Research
Skills: Kotlin, Java, Room/SQLite, SOLID, MVVM, Git, Design patterns, OOP, TDD