- Negotiation is particularly life-changing, especially if you're early-in-career. It's also really high ROI as the cost is effectively just a couple emails and some potential awkwardness.
- Negotiation doesn't hurt anyone within or outside the company - It's effectively a part of life when it comes to the hiring game.
- What you negotiate for isn't connected to your costs: It's about getting what's fair given the market rate and your current leverage situation (i.e. do you have other offers).
- Even if an offer is good given your personal situation, you should try negotiating, especially if it's below fair market rate for that level/company/geography and you have competing offers.
- You can always do something with extra money!
If you need premier negotiation support, we're happy to help as a part of Taro Premium.