A Huge, Often Unused Way Your Manager Can Help With Promotion08/23/2022
- Your manager is critical to your promotion. More specifically, if your manager is not supportive of your promotion case, it is near impossible for you to get promoted.
- You need to create a plan with your manager as soon as the performance review cycle starts to set expectations on what you need in order to be a good candidate for promotion. It should be modal and detail the following:
- What it means to meet expectations
- What it means to exceed expectations
- What it means to totally crush expectations
- Regularly work with your manager to get feedback and understand your progress for this plan