Hello! I am looking for some advise on what a development plan for a lead engineer should look like? To give some context
- been working as a developer for last 10+ years
- I love development and solving problems using code
- I want to eventually get to VP/CTO level, which path is better? I have seen people switch to Engineering Manager for faster promotions
- Are there any good tips to have that discussion with my manager and set expectations (is that even a good idea?)
- How do I even go about planning for and then communicating about a goal which is so far out?
- Is there a way I can break up the goal into smaller achievable goals that I can make progress towards every year